Top LMS plugins for WordPress
Whether you want to learn how to code correctly or want to improve your web design knowledge, online courses are a fantastic method for many individuals to advance in life and in their careers without having to invest large sums of money.
Online courses are becoming increasingly popular as a way to advance one's profession without spending a lot of money. You may also perform other interesting tasks like investing in the stock market or learning a new language from the comfort of your own. If you want to share your expertise online, the best option is to use one of WordPress's many LMS plugins.
What is an LMS?
An LMS, or Learning Management System, simulates a face-to-face course by providing a wide range of choices to students. It all depends on the WordPress LMS plugin you choose. Plugins allow you to establish courses, share work within them, enroll pupils and take examinations.
The ideal WordPress learning management system (LMS) plugin would have functions such as content management, subscriptions, quizzes, payments, and more. In addition, creating an educational site in WordPress necessitates the purchase of a hosting account, which will be your website's Internet address. Because all of your files will be saved here.
If you're on a budget, we recommend going with Bluehost. If money isn't an issue and performance is your top priority, consider using a Premium WordPress hosting company like SiteGround or WP Engine. WordPress has a one-click setup wizard for all three hosting companies, so there shouldn't be any difficulty setting it up.
Keep in mind that we're going to look at some of the best WordPress LMS plugins so you can pick the one that's perfect for you.
We're going to give you a list:
- - LearnDash
- - Lifter LMS
- - LearnPress
- - LMS Tutor
- - Sensei
- - WP Courseware
- - Good LMS
- - Namaste! LMS
- - MasterStudy LMS
- - MemberPressCourses
- - Teachable
LearnDash is a very complete and easy-to-use LMS plugin for WordPress. It is used by many Fortune 500 companies and universities due to its great speed, large number of options and impressive design.
It is a suite that contains tools to provide content, sell courses, reward students, and allow achievements to be received based on actions.
The platform features a drag-and-drop course builder. This builder allows you to easily create courses of various lessons, topics, quizzes and categories. You can deliver all your lessons at once or schedule them for the entire course duration with its drip content feature.
Its features are organized into four categories: courses, monetization administration and technical. It should be noted that LearnDash is compatible with mobile devices so you can learn on the go. In addition, customer service is carried out by industry experts through a sophisticated ticket system.
- It allows teachers to create multi-level courses with advanced levels at the end of the course.
- The teacher may want to include quiz and different lessons throughout their course.
- Counters can be added to lessons to ensure that all students spend a certain amount of time on each lesson.
- There is no need to integrate a forum plugin because LearnDash includes dynamic forums.
- LearnDash displays the student's grade with course points when they complete it. This is like certificates and medals that come in stages.
- It is possible to monetize courses with various revenue tools. For example, with shopping cart plugins, memberships, subscriptions, and e-course grouping. In addition, you can charge using different payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe and 2Checkout.
- LearnDash has automated email notifications and detailed reports.
- It allows user profiles and group management: this is perfect for any job you want to assign in groups.
- LearnDash supports almost any media file, such as videos, audio files, images, and slideshows.
- LearnDash uses MultiSite.
- It allows users to create their own courses on their WordPress site, with the premium Front-End Course Creation plugin.
- It allows integration with many third-party plugins, which means you have more options to run your courses. For example, it offers integrations with bbPress and WordPress membership plugins like Memberpress.
It starts at $159 (USD) for a single-site license with 1 year of support and upgrades.
LearnDash has a free trial period but it only lasts 3 days. The good news is that you can cancel the test within the first few days, if you don't like it.
LearnDash is the perfect LMS (Learning Management System) tool for schools, training organizations, entrepreneurs who want to create and sell online courses.
2. Lifter LMS
Another powerful LMS plugin is Lifter LMS. Being built on WordPress, anyone can install the software without needing to edit the code.
Lifter LMS provides several different features that are comparable to LearnDash, but there are some notable differences. For example, Lifter LMS includes a graphic design package with backgrounds and other design elements. It also collects customer testimonials for later use in sales strategies. One of the reasons Lifter LMS can be attractive to beginners is because it integrates with Divi and Beaver Builder. These drag-and-drop editors eliminate the need to edit code. Therefore, it offers a more visual design experience.
LifterLMS supports multi-level courses with training modules, lessons, categories and more. It gives you the flexibility to create smaller courses or full degree programs. It helps boost and teach skills using multimedia. As well as adding video, audio, text, images and much more to make your courses attractive to students. It also controls the operation of the course using content management, course prerequisites and group membership.
This plugin has a direct integration with WooCommerce to sell courses as unique or in packages. Its tools are designed for beginner designers and people looking for a simpler design experience. The main plugin is free. Therefore, you can build a simple online course without having to pay anything. The only addon you would have to pay for is one of the payment platforms.
- Moving courses from one LMS platform to another is simple, as Lifter LMS allows you to import and export courses.
- You can create discussion groups and profiles on social networks so that your students can interact with each of their teachers.
- Customer service includes technical support, office hours, as well as free training courses
- You get a wide range of marketing tools to help you make money, such as recurring payments, multiple platforms, pricing models with unlimited prices, and coupons.
- Lifter LMS course builder offers options for all kinds of media files, a beautiful course designer, slow content, and quiz boards
- You can implement an instructional tool called "social learning." This tool unleashes the power of Facebook likes to improve the way students view your courses and the way they interact with them.
- The membership plugin allows you to set up automated emails, gamification with badges, and even certificates upon completion of a course. The plugin has incorporated content restriction so that only members can access the WordPress page.
- A useful collection of plugins can be accessed, which you can use to manage affiliates, integrate with ecommerce plugins, and connect to your email marketing service.
- There are multiple options to accept credit card payments, one-time or recurring payments, sell course packages, offer coupons.
Individual add-ons cost $99 each or you can purchase the Universal Plan for any individual site for $299.
LifterLMS is an easy-to-use LMS plugin for WordPress. A default demo course can be installed and has several customizable features. Thus, this plugin can help most users, including fitness instructors, musicians who take online classes from home, education entrepreneurs and more.
LearnPress is the clearest and simplest choice when it comes to LMS plugins for WordPress. Unlike other LMS plugins, Learnpress does not come with a setup wizard. You will have to do the configuration of this plugin on your own.
One downside of LearnPress is that its customer support may not be as compromised as you'd find on premium LMS platforms. That said, most free add-ons are reasonably priced and representatives have responded to email inquiries in less than 24 hours. In addition, you can choose to purchase add-ons such as certificates or instructor support and support for WooComerce.
The creation of courses is simple through lessons, quizzes, and questions. You can use a lesson from one course within another course through LearnPress.
- LearnPress includes a landing page template that is used when linking to ads and talking about course descriptions, curricula, and more.
- You can create a nice page that advertises to people who want to be instructors.
- LearnPress supports a variety of payment platforms, including 2Checkout, Authorize.net, and Stripe.
- The core LMS plugin is free, so you could take a simple but at the same time quite detailed online course. You could spend about $50 on a theme and about $30 for integration into an ecommerce platform. The good thing about this is that you won't have to pay a recurring annual fee.
- LearnPress allows you to have multiple instructors where two or three teachers take control of a course.
- There is a system of points and medals to gamify the courses.
- There are also paid memberships and a WooCommerce add-on.
Free + Paid Addons and Support
Initial setup can be difficult for beginners, but it's a free WordPress LMS plugin with powerful features.
4. Tutor LMS
Tutor LMS is a recent addition to the world of WordPress LMS plugins. It comes packed with unique features like Themeum's front-end course builder, drag-and-drop question builder, and continuous development support.
It also offers high security, a level of protection that prioritizes content, and encryption practices. This plugin often integrates with ecommerce software from marketers, website builders, and other popular combinations like WordPress GamiPress BuddyPress or others to provide an even wider range of options.
Alternative LMS plugins for WordPress:
- With the Pro version, you have access to the course builder on the front-end. This allows a novice WordPress user to avoid using the backend course builder and create courses from the front-end of their site.
- Get the web design that best suits you with Oxygen and Elementor.
- It covers all types of course content with support for text-only courses, audio courses, video on demand (VoD) and live classes with Zoom integration.
- It provides more than 10 types of questions that must be answered on an exam.
- You can access Q&A forums and student forums.
- Support for ecommerce plugins, including WooCommerce, EDD, Paid Membership Pro and Restrict Content Pro
- The control panel controller monitors and records benefits and their cash adjustments. In most cases, it does enough but doesn't provide in much detail.
- It provides Certificates, Tasks, and Notebook in the premium version.
- One of the most useful features for tutor's LMS is its tools for one-click migration that will help you if you're planning to switch platforms. Currently, they support LearnDash and LearnPress, but their team has announced that the list of supported platforms will grow steadily over time.
There are two plans available with this plugin. The former is free, while the Premium plan will set you back $149 for a single license. This comes with some additional features like certificates, course preview, and more. You'll also have access to integration with Google Classroom, as well as Zoom and Elementor so you can teach in
Tutor LMS is one of the newest additions to the world of WordPress LMS plugins, and currently has over 20,000 enthusiasts.
Sensei is a powerful plugin for managing e-learning courses or webinars made by the people behind WooCommerce. So, it would be an addition to your ecommerce store that includes video and online courses. The basics are simple: you can create classes, lessons and add quizzes. Registration is included as well, and with a simple process of adding WooCommerce elements (such as physical products) with your courses.
This plugin follows the same best practices as WordPress and WooCommerce and most of the well-designed WordPress themes will combine seamlessly.
To sell your courses and accept payments, you'll need to use WooCommerce. You can create a product for each course you want to sell and then link it to your course page by entering the product ID when prompted. There aren't many third-party integrations available for WooCommerce stores.
- The extension works perfectly with WooCommerce and WordPress, so there is not much difference when it comes to creating a blog or a post in Wordpress.
- Most WordPress themes on the market integrate well with Sensei.
- Users sign up through WordPress, so those with experience on the platform can learn how to use Sensei quickly.
- You can charge users immediately by offering subscriptions or payments for individual courses with the WooCommerce integration.
- Simple course analysis provides distribution of grades, duration, and records.
- Sensei works by presenting random tests based on the pre-existing question bank.
- Exams can be scored automatically or manually.
Starting at $129 for an annual license with 1 year of support and updates.
Sensei was created as an easy solution to create online courses. It's a simple way to create and deliver online courses. It integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce, a plugin already used by many ecommerce stores.
6. WP Courseware
WP Courseware is used by some of the world's leading universities, including the University of Illinois and the University of Wisconsin Madison. It's another great WordPress LMS plugin that comes with a drag-and-drop course builder.
Creating courses for WP Courseware is very powerful. It includes many options for creating courses large or small, with plenty of features that support any number of course prerequisites and content drip skills. Our guide shows how to add an LMS in WordPress with WP Courseware.
Creating courses is easy and you can even protect these courses from being used by people without prior permission. WP Courseware has a wide range of integrations that you can choose from. WooCommerce is among them, with the plethora of options like OptimizePress, BuddyPress, and Visual Composer.
- WP Courseware's best value subscription package allows you to have two sites for $99 a year. So, if you plan to have 2 online courses, WP Courseware becomes the most affordable option when compared to options like LifterLMS and LearnDash.
- Report cards can be viewed and exported to see how well students are doing.
- You can sell through WP Courseware by integrating it with your favorite e-commerce plugin.
- The affiliate portal offers a wonderful advantage, where you can talk to active members who are also creating online courses to make money.
- You can have a teacher system where you can assign the roles so they can create and manage their courses.
- The tests offer several types of questions and answers. In addition, it has an optional question bank in case you want to generate random tests throughout the course.
- The visual designer works with drag-and-drop functionality and offers tools such as content protection, slow loading speed, and email notifications.
- WP Courseware offers several features that make it easy for instructors to create engaging experiences for their students. Features like question banks and instructor profiles not only make teaching simple, but also enjoyable.
- The plugin also includes powerful monetization features to sell online classes on your website. It has a built-in shopping cart option where you can connect directly PayPal or Stripe and start selling your courses.
- You can also create free courses, allowing potential customers to try out your work. Selling paid courses such as one-time purchases or subscriptions encourages both new and existing customers.
Pricing starts at $129 for 2 domains with 1 year of support and updates.
WP Courseware comes with a wide selection of options and is easy to use. The drag-and-drop editor allows for quick content creation, works with any WordPress theme seamlessly, and offers flexible course layouts.
7. Good LMS
It is the cheapest LMS plugin you will find in this listing. As with any other good premium LMS for WordPress, Good LMS has options for creating courses, selling them, and implementing tests and certificates. CodeCanyon offers many demos (student-oriented backend, instructor-oriented backend, and transactional/paid backend) to give you a full idea of what you can expect.
The course design process is managed like a normal blog post in WordPress. Tests, lessons, and certificates can be created directly from the WordPress course dashboard. The course progress meter gives a beautiful preview of student achievements and enabling a commission for the instructor allows you to manage the peers working for your team.
- Many good LMS systems offer you the ability to create a simple course marketplace (like Udemy), with course- and teacher-based commission fees.
- This LMS plug-in for WordPress is much cheaper than other premium suites.
- It allows you to change the options of the exam so that all students have many opportunities to do it.
- Report cards and certificates are displayed on each student's backend, where users will have access to progress reports.
- A simple coupon maker will allow you to create codes to get more students.
- It looks a lot like the WordPress interface, so any user familiar with WordPress won't have to learn new techniques.
$31 with one-year support and updates
The program also offers commission rates for each course, making it a good choice for those who want to make their own marketplace.
8. Namaste! LMS
Although it is not as popular as LearnDash, it should not be overlooked.
Namaste! Pro offers rewards and medal options, as well as file and course protection. You can also enable shopping carts for courses with WooCommerce or WP Simple Cart plugins. In addition, simplicity is at the core of the plugin.
- Integrations enhance the functionality of the overall course site while maintaining a niche approach. For example, Watu better serves the needs of exams and tests, while MoolaMojo makes it easier to collect points and purchase courses based on the points earned.
- Creating and editing a course works similarly to creating an average WordPress post. It's simple for beginners, but it still has advanced customization options.
- You can enable a shopping cart for donations and subscriptions to individual videos or bundles of offers.
- There is software tool to safeguard your files against unwanted intruders.
- You can hand out medals and create a gamification environment to push them harder in their classes.
Premium from $47. In addition, the Namaste! Pro contains a bunch of add-ons and premium support for a year
Despite not being as popular, it offers options to offer your courses online.
This is the new LMS plugin, which is full of features. It makes it very easy to create and manage the WordPress site for online education!
9. MasterStudy LMS
With MasterStudy LMS,you can create stunning courses with videos, graphics, slideshows – essentially anything you can think of.
Alternative LMS plugins for WordPress:
- The app has a nice and easy-to-use interface.
- It's easy to set up recurring payments for subscriptions with integrations with PayPal and Stripe.
- There is a forum that creates a social media-like environment so that students can get answers and support from the course creators.
- Use time-limited quizzes and questions, and countdown timers.
- Qualification of integrated courses
- Create certifications for students who have completed their courses to be submitted at the end.
The MasterStudy plugin works with any WordPress theme and has premium models for $25!
Something unique about MasterStudy LMS: all the key elements are made with Vue.js, which allows pages to load smoothly, as well as faster page transitions.
10. MemberPress Courses
MemberPress is one of the most powerful WordPress membership plugins available. It facilitates the creation and sale of courses, as well as the management of those who carry them out.
It includes a Classroom Mode, which does not require time and effort when designing your online classes. The platform automatically takes care of the design for you so that your courses always look their best. You can build your course curriculum with its simple drag-and-drop interface. It is possible to add lessons, topics, categories, and other materials such as images or embedded videos to your course intuitively.
Its course builder was built on top of the WordPress Block Editor, making it an easy-to-use solution for beginners. As a site administrator, you can quickly see each student's progress.
- Using MemberPress, you can create free courses or provide access to your courses through a subscription.
- MemberPress gives you full control over who can access what content. In addition, you can define specific affiliate levels for specific courses, or create more advanced rules if your goal is to sell packages and lots.
- You can create a membership package that gives users access to all your beginner-level courses. Offering a full access pass is a great way to increase your revenue and meet customer demand.
- MemberPress integrates seamlessly with many popular payment gateways, including PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, and more.
- Affiliate websites can also connect to popular email marketing services like ConvertKit, Mailchimp, and others.
- MemberPress' powerful affiliate rules give you a lot of leeway. The ability to see student progress allows teachers to accurately assess which parts of lessons are challenging to remember and focus on them in greater depth.
$149 for a single-site license with support and updates for 1 year. You can also upgrade to higher plans to unlock features like affiliate management, bulk corporate affiliations, etc.
MemberPress is one of the best plugins for WordPress membership sites available. Its course plugin makes it easy to create courses in a WordPress environment. You can set up your courses in just a few moments and they'll always look great, even without coding.
Teachable is an online course builder and can be used in a WordPress plugin, in a custom domain URL (such as https://my-school.teachable.com), or simply by linking to your school's page from the Teachable platform.
It provides the tools to build your own course content. It also offers built-in email marketing features to help you market courses and encourage enrollments.
Tuition payments, course fees and reward payment are managed by Teachable.
Starting at $29 a month.
Teachable offers a set of tools for creating, managing, and selling online courses. Handle any number of students and courses easily.
Which of these LMS plugins for WordPress are best for you?
- LearnDash, Lifter LMS, WP Courseware are some of the best WordPress plugins for instructors. MemberPress is simple to use and may be used by novices to construct online courses with attractive templates (no programming required).
- The cheapest plugins for LMS in WordPress: LearnPress, GoodLMS, MasterStudy LMS.
- Lifter LMS is an excellent choice for novices (and for building simple online learning platforms).
- Regarding the best WordPress LMS plugins for course marketplace like Udemy: Good LMS.
All of the WordPress e-learning plugins on this page are excellent choices, so it's all down to your specific requirements and demands. Consider the cost as well.
We want the best for you, and we are here to give you information about it!